Monday, September 07, 2009

And as for APRIL...

We started off with Dayt's 35th birthday! I was catching an early plane to Denver to do some business at Bella during the day so we opened some really quick gifts with the kids that morning. One of which was a book written as a tribute to the author's child using a Bob Dylan song "Forever Young". Cute book! Great songwriter, voice...not so great. Dayt loves him though!

Dayt met me later that night in Denver and we dropped by the hospital to see the new Donahoe twins. That was REALLY fun! You can see those pics HERE
The next day - his brother Derek took him to the Bruce Springsteen concert for his birthday - what is with this guy - his favorite singers are all actually crappy singers but good songwriters...he he he
It was super nice of Derek and they had a great time. I had an even better time in the NICU holding those sweet little babies - all night long! The next morning we took a really early flight (sorry again Derek!) to make it home for my mom's easter egg hunt.
It was a really quick trip but totally worth it!
Here is a pic of us eating lunch in Denver with Derek and Mandi - Dayt gave this pepper a go just for fun.....it was soooo much FUN for us, not so much him. We laughed so hard! His mouth was burning and his eyes were watering as his face went bright red and his tongue went numb!
Good times!
Later on the next week we had a couple of get together's for his birthday with family.
Dayt LOVES musicals! These were two he didn't have. Can you believe neither of us have seen West Side Story. We both can't wait to watch it and see what all the hype is about.

One of Dayt's other fav things - pork rinds! Random I know! Gross!!

Another fav - coconut cream pie, he chooses it every year! This isn't the coconut pie in the picture, but rather one of the other pies from the counter, we had several yummy ones!

Then we move on to.......

Easter
Dayt was in charge of still pictures while I was taking video...there is nothing more that needs to be said. Hope you enjoy the plethora of pictures!




The day before at my mom's Easter egg hunt he took a "few" more!
The pictures have crappy clarity - but I am not blaming THAT ONE on him.
:)



Here is one I snapped quickly so we wouldn't be late to church.
9am is hard on a holiday sunday! They sure look cute though!


The weather was kinda warming up come the end of April so Jantz and I spent one of our special Friday's together at Swan Lakes. I took him last year and he loved it, so we went again this year as soon as weather would allow. It was fun to spend Friday's with him this year, he didn't have preschool and the kids were still in school. We had some fun. I will always remember this day especially because who knows....maybe one day this will be plastered all over ESPN. :)
K - maybe not this one...keep scrolling!


On this hole - #3 Jantz scored a HOLE IN ONE!
Pretty amazing right! Keep scrolling.....

On this hole - # 6 he scored a HOLE IN ONE!
REPEAT! WOW - and this hole wasn't all that easy - he made it up onto the hill and right into the top - nice and easy.
Who can believe that a 4 year old can do that.....keep scrolling!

TRIPLE - HAT TRICK - whatever you want to call it - he did it again at HOLE # 18! I couldn't take a picture because there were people right behind us waiting - but here is the scorecard to prove it! THREE hole in ones! I guess he gets it from me????
He was a little embarrassed I think because every time he scored a hole in one I started shrieking and yelling and jumping up and down hugging him. We had so much fun!

Maybe it was beginners luck, or maybe he is the next Tiger Woods.


April update - CHECK!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I am dying over the picture that Dayt took of Abby with her Easter basket. That is totally a picture that Lee would take. No one needs to see her face, right? :)

I didn't know Jantz had such a talent. What a little golfer that little man is. I am very impressed.

Only four more months until you're all caught up. Keep it going...you're doing awesome!

LaDeaux family said...

I was wondering why I was seeing Easter pictures in September. I thought I was missing something. Good for you to get caught up. I still haven't taken 1st day of school pictures yet. They'll be 10th day of school pictures by the time I get around to it.