Sunday, April 12, 2009

MEANWHILE, back in DENVER

While the kids were busy meeting Hannah Montana - Dayt and I were meeting the Donahoe twins for the first time! LOVIN it! We had a ball with the babies - they are so sweet and beautiful. We were able to hold them and feed them - so dang much fun! From the moment I saw them I felt this sweet love for them!! They are just so tiny and peaceful and seem so helpless lying together in their little crib - it touched my heart. They were born on March 21 at 33 weeks. They have progressed really well and are doing better everyday. Derek and Mandi are hoping to have them home in another week. Here are some of the pics that we took.

Derek and Mandi - Mandi is feeding Connor
Just look how tiny their little ankles are - the size of one of my index fingers! They took their weights the day we came - Nichole was 5.6.6 lbs and Connor was 5.7.7 lbs
At birth Nichole Rainey was 4.12 lbs and 17.25 inches and Connor Jackson was 4.10 lbs and 17.25 inches

Connor is crying but I love this picture because it shows just how tiny they are with Derek's hand in the picture.
Sweet little Nichole
I have to say I just loved to hold them. The night Dayt and Derek went to the Bruce Springsteen concert (Dayt's b-day gift from Derek) Mandi and I went up to the hospital and just held the babies for hours - it was so wonderful. It was great to be able to just sit and talk with Mandi too. I really enjoyed myself that night.
Here are Dayt and I just adoring these little ones.
Another cute picture - Nichole was so tired I couldn't get her to wake up and take her bottle so I decided to try and unwrap her and make her a little less comfortable. I just thought her little belly was so cute I asked Dayt to snap a picture.
Here they are cuddled up together - Nichole on the left and Connor on the right
Look at how huge this binky looks in Connor's mouth!
It was a really quick trip but it was SOOOOO worth it! There is just something about twins I guess? I dunno. But we had a great time visiting with Derek and Mandi and having the chance to sneak a peak at these sweet little spirits. We are thrilled to have them as part of our family and look forward to bringing our kids to Denver in a couple of months to meet their new cousins. (They just can't hardly wait for school to get out!) Thanks again Derek and Mandi for letting us share these special "first" moments with you! We truly loved every minute of it. In fact Dayt made the comment that it made him a little baby hungry - and I guess it wouldn't be fair if I didn't confess that I wished they were mine a couple of times too - but hey...I am home with my three now and all is well. I feel content!

2 comments:

Lara said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Those little babies are so CUTE! I can't believe how tiny they are. I wish I could hold them!

LaDeaux family said...

Those babies are so cute! They are tiny! What sweethearts! You and Dayton look way too happy holding babies. Are you sure you're done? Ours is coming anytime in the next week. Check my blog for pictures next week. See ya!