Friday, June 26, 2009

Hardball
So our life has been all about BASEBALL for the past 6 weeks or something like that. Because of the weather our season is still going. Not that I am complaining though beacause I love it! Watching my kids play sports is one of my favorite things to do! The boys finished their games this week and Abby finishes next week. It has been a busy season with everyone playing on the same night (go figure). And of course every game (except 2) at least two of them were playing at the same time and very rarely in the same place! Add that to several practices a week as well as 6 games each week kept things interesting. And to add to the excitement and chaos Dayton coached Abby's team this year. That was quite the experience. I think it was a little harder than he thought. He really enjoyed spending the time with Abby but the girls, shall we say, are a little less coachable than the boys. I am ALL ABOUT girls playing sports - as I played sports all through high school - I have respect. However it was so amazing to me to see the differences in the boys vs the girls. We played Jantz up a year so he played with kids in K and 1st - same age as Abby's team. His team was MUCH better than hers. The girls just don't "get it" like the boys do. That being said, Abby gets it, she is very athletic, and she did a great job. Because I couldn't clone myself to have kids in the same time at different locations, I need to give a shout out to all the grandma's and grandpa's who helped me shuttle kids while Dayt was out coaching.
THANK YOU!

First off - I love this picture (now) but there were days of scrubbin these pants that I could've done without. Trust me - I TRIED to find grey! Apparently Jantz has a thing against white pants. I guess it is something like how I feel about having pants that have that "worn" feel, or maybe it's just that he really likes to slide! This picture does NOT do these pants justice - they were FILTHY! I love how the top part is so white where I have to fold down the top just so they will stay on. And how about the gatorade stains that turn to mud when he hits the field.

I am not just saying this but Jantz has some very natural athletic ability. I was a little worried at first because I had put him in the older age group - but he held his own! He LOVED every minute of it....he ate it up! I wish I had some pics of him playing up to the crowd by sticking his tongue out and giving a thumbs up while he runs into home base. Classic good fun, he was a ball to watch!



Here is J - check out the Babe Ruth pants - this kid is sooo skinny! He is all about baseball season. His baseball backpack was filled with seeds, balls, a bat, his mitt, batting gloves, some powerade and of course - he couldn't miss a game without his eye black! I gotta look for a pic of a close-up of that, he looked so tough! he he he


Sweet little Ab. Don't you love the kid on third freezing her tail off. What a weird season!
She has the athletic mind, she checks third and then throws to first. Gotta LOVE it! I hope she continues to play sports. Nothing against dance and stuff, but I guess I am a little partial to athletics and not so much of the girly girly costumes!


3 comments:

The Mom said...

I must say that your little ones are as driven as you were trish. I love that they play sports and love it! Your a great "sporty" mom! I still can't believe that we're calling each other mom's ! I still feel like those teenagers trying to get a laugh from everyone!

Morris Five said...

sports smorts abby for sure wants to be a dancer right along with allie!!! Those are fun pics of the kids.

Lara said...

What little athletes you've got there. How fun!!!