Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Cute kids saying the darndest things!

I love my kids! Some of the things they say just put a big ol smile on my face. I know I have a hard time trying to live in the moment sometimes, but I am working on it! I wish I could write everything down, but here and there, it's a start.
Some of these things I don't ever want to forget....

We were talking about her getting married one day and Abby said, I will HAVE to say yes. I said no you don't, and before I could finish explaining she said, yes I do! I have to say yes or I will hurt his feelings! After I explained what I meant, we had a lengthy conversation on "how" she will know if he is the one if she should say yes to, what if someone just asks her and she hasn't had a chance to make up her mind! She is so cute. I love how she is always so concerned about other's feelings. She is a very thoughtful girl. Being thoughtful, is that just a female trait? I don't see that as much in my boys! he he he

Today Jantzen asked me if kidnappers are real. Loaded question right? I don't want to scare him but I want him to be aware, so how do you do that without heading in the wrong direction? Well I said yes, but quickly followed it up with all sorts of good information on why he will be safe from kidnappers. To which he replied with slight attitude in his voice...You can't protect me! You don't even have a weapon! Busted!

Loading into the car to head to t-ball games I was handing all three their waterbottles. Jantz says, is mine filled with gatorade again? I said yes. He says with a huge smile and tilted head - I love you mom! I wish that was all I had to do everyday to get that response!

Jantz telling me about his lunch with grandpa...I had a roll and grandpa had a roll and grandpa had a banana and I had the other half and then we "bof" had some strawberries! The strawberries were wonderful! I said I bet grandpa loves having a little buddy around while grandma is at work so he doesn't get lonely. He said mom, I am not his buddy, I am his grandson!

In scripture study the other night we were reading about when Abraham was asked to sacrafice Isaac his only son that they had when they were 90 yada yada yada, and the questions were coming about age and why you can't always have a baby when you want to. Dayt was fielding the questions mostly and he started saying something about how women only have eggs into thier late thirties or earlier forties (Josh is really the only one that is understanding what we are saying because he is the only one that has had the "whole talk") anyway, they all beg me to have a baby all the time - especially Josh, and he looked at me and said with urgency....mom! And then quietly and disappointedly, you are almost out of eggs. ha ha ha. I was laughing so hard!

Jantzen is obsessed with the touch and brush, you may have seen it on tv. Actually I LOVE the idea, just not sure if it would work as claimed. Anyhow, it is a dispenser for toothpaste so that you always get the "right" amount and don't get toothpaste all over. Our family could really use this! Especially Jantz. Well everytime the commercial comes on he tells me how much we need it and that maybe he will get it for my birthday. Not a bad choice I guess. He must actually "comprehend" my complaints about all the toothpaste in the bathroom where it shouldn't be. Well the other day he was watching the commercial and I heard him say. Oh man! You have to be 18 to buy the touch and brush! Dangit!

Jantzen and Dayt having a conversation at Lagoon, I can't remember what ride Jantz was telling him about and Dayt playing cool said, is that it (pointing to a ride) and Jantz said, yea, and I am going to sit with you buddy!

5 comments:

Lara said...

I love those kids!

My kids are always telling me how much we need that touch and brush thing too.

The egg comment is classic. That one totally made me laugh!

The Mom said...

Oh Tursh, I bet your home is always full of laughter. I definetly want to get together so we can hobnob about our good times. I'm loving all these stories. It's not surprising though how funny they are, they take after their funny mother!

Ange said...

I have to admit - the egg comment is my favorite - that's hilarious!
So good of you to document the things they say! We always think we'll just remember all the cute things they did and said - but time definitely has a way of making you forget things.....and lose eggs :)

Brooke said...

Oh, I was rolling on that egg one! That was great!

mandi said...

Peach saw that dang commercial about seventy five times during ONE show, and is now convinced that not only does she need one, but that she is now going to become an inventor. Exactly the reason why we don't have TV!!!