Friday, December 05, 2008

Any Suggestions....My Journal/blog is severely suffering! I am going nuts! I haven't been able to post forever! After the move it took a week or so to hook up the desktop computer. Once we hooked it up we discovered that the power supply had gone bad. One trip and $30 later we (Dayt) installed the new power supply, only to find out that the power supply wasn't the only problem. Apparently our computer is finally on it's last life. It appears that the computer techies think that it may be the motherboard - bad news for me! This computer holds my life. My vinyl lettering, my pictures, my source to the information superhighway, online shopping, pay for school lunch, on and on and on. This computer has my entire life wrapped up in it. The older I have become the more attached/addicted/dependent I have become on my computer. You know what I am talking about. Everyone out there reading this (all 10 of you) are in the same boat - right? Ok, well maybe not. Regardless, I have no blog life anymore. It is really depressing to me. Before the move I was already behind on blogging because of the upcoming move. Now I am even more behind because of the move, and then this computer thing...well now I am really behind. Here's where I need some help. I am hoping that one of the ten of you that are reading might have some knowledge about blogger. Ty - I am counting on you....for some reason I can't get Dayt's laptop to upload photos. So although I am posting from his computer, I can't actually add my photos from it. I can link from other places online (like the above picture). However, I don't want to have to upload all my pictures every week to photobucket etc. I am hoping there is a simple solution, and that maybe it's something super easy to fix, and maybe it's just adjusting a few things here and there, and maybe it is just a simple search on blogger to find out. I just don't have the time...somebody help! I am desperate! Life without blogging is really no way to live!! Oh yeah, and I also tried to upload them from a jumpdrive on another computer and that didn't work either. So maybe it isn't necessarily the computer, but maybe my blogger account......anybody...anybody...Bueller!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It would be weird if this problem was "computer specific", try it on another computer, mine for example, and see if it's the computer. If not, could you have possibly used all of your online space already, meaning you have uploaded so many pictures that there isn't any free room left?, check on that. You can actually email posts and pictures, which is what I do. Send an email to go@blogger.com and attach a picture to the email, see if it works. If your computer dies, you can mobile blog, send a text or a picture text to go@blogger.com on your phone, that should get you by in a crunch.

Lara said...

yeah...what Ty said. ;)
Ty sounds like he knows what he is talking about. I am clueless. All I know is that I would be going crazy too.
Just know that it will all be worked out soon enough. Take deep breathes and in the meantime the ten of us will be patiently waiting for everything to be worked out.

The Brandon Family said...

I know a computer guy if you need one. he is in our ward

Krista and the Family Stones said...

No comprendo. But I am reader number 11.

Morris Five said...

wow you are doing better than me. I have a blog that I update but no pics on it for now. One day I am going to get it all figured out. Or really I mean one day I am going to have someone come and figure it out for me also. Good luck to you.

Unknown said...

Hey Trish! Your kids are so cute! How is life? Did you get all the stuff you were looking for on Black Friday?