Sunday, November 30, 2008

November Fun
Here is part two of my attempt to catch up on blogging before I publish my blog book. This will be the easiest month because there isn't much to blog. We moved into our new house in Roberts Farms this month so most of our time was spent packing and finishing up things at the new place. We were able to move in before the most exciting part of November - the Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera to Thanksgiving dinner at Dayt's mom's house. We had a great time, we were able to catch up with family including Derek and Mandi who came in from Denver. We had a great time hearing about how the twins came to be - even though Uncle Derek didn't want to talk about it at all! Nor is he excited about it. We think he will change his mind though! We had a little spare time for a couple of other things too, the first being Abby's first concert, the second being Josh's Jr. Jazz season.

Abby's First Concert

Josh was about six when he went to his first concert. We were in Arizona at the time and Dayt had purchased tickets to several concerts that year. I really really wanted to go to the Green Day concert with him, however, he gave his ticket to a friend before discussing with me first! (I am still a little bitter about it) The last two concerts that were left were The White Stripes and The Dave Mathews Band. I had already seen DMB when they came to SLC for the 2002 olympics. I was 9 mos pregnant with Abby and the wind chill was like 6 degrees. We had to walk about 2 miles that night it seemed. Long story short, I don't have a lot of good memories so I thought I would pass on that one. So I gave that ticket to Josh and went to the Stripes. Who were actually pretty good. Anyway, Abby has been begging us for a chance to go to a concert ever since - you know the whole song and dance - " well Josh got to!" Abby LOVES Carrie Underwood - as do I. We have all her cd's and know all the words. She is so cute, and so talented, we thought it would be great fun, and a good concert for a six year old. My friend Candice and I got tickets to take our cute girls. We stopped at Appollo Burger ate a quick yummy dinner and headed off to the concert. The traffic jam through my clausterphobia into full panic anxiety - BUT - we made it!! Thanks for being patient with me Candy! The concert was great fun, we ended up with super tickets and the girls had a blast!! Who wouldn't enjoy CU?? I love spending time with Abby one on one!

Three cute girls - Kylie, Abby, and Rylee


When she came out on on the catwalk she was pretty close to us. She did a rendition of G and R "Welcome to the Jungle" which was pretty cool.


3 comments:

Lara said...

wow, what a fun night. That is one I would have liked to go to as well!

Owen said...

"Candy"?

Candice said...

You left some really good parts out of that story but I won't tell. HA! That night was very entertaining...oh, and the concert was good too!