Friday, February 26, 2010

Sweet Conversations

I haven't blogged much lately, (obviously) or even read others blogs. Things have just been really busy here the last couple of months. I was asked to be a representative for a company that I had ties to before, they were branching into Utah and basically offered me the job. With this economy, who could say no to that right? It is a nice blessing to be able to do this job and not have it interrupt life with my kids, thankfully! So now I guess I am a WAHM instead of a SAHM. :)
It has been really busy getting all ramped up on subjects I don't have a lot of knowledge with, and juggling all the different jobs at home and with the kids, but most days I get it figured out. I do understand more now the phrase, "Stop and Smell the Roses." Things have been so busy that I have really tried to make my time with my kids count. Sometimes that is really hard with life whirling around you like a tornado. Today I was talking with Jantz and Abby and having a fun little conversation. At one point Abby said to me, "Mom. why didn't you put that you can bring presents on my baptism invitation?" She is getting baptized next Saturday, which also happens to be her birthday so she is kinda having a hard time figuring out how to blend the two together. I proceeded to tell her that we weren't celebrating her birthday that day, just her baptism. And that some people may bring her a baptism gift, and some may not, but we don't ask them to. It doesn't really matter because it isn't what is important. And Jantz interjects..." Yeah Abby because you are getting the greatest gift you could ever get anyway, the Holy Ghost." He is going to go in you and tell you what to do. Abby doesn't like to be "outdone" by Jantz so she says back a little sassy like "Jantz did you ever see a ghost some down to Josh's baptism and give him a gift?" He says no. I say, "you know that the Holy Ghost is just a spirit that dwells inside of you - you can't see it, but you can feel it and you can hear it...right?" Thankfully she knew this, whew! But Jantz likes to be the know-it-all which irritates Abby more, so he says, " Yeah, like he will talk to you, like if you someone was flipping a coin and you had to choose the wight one and you went to choose one and the Holy Ghost will whisper no, not that one, choose the other one and then you will and it will be the wight one!" How much do I love this kid!! I just hope he doesn't think he can use the Holy Ghost in Vegas or something!

Here is a copy of her baptism invitation. My neighbor next door helped me with it. I absolutely LOVE it, I can't stop looking at it! The pictures are most fab!!
Thanks so much AMY!!
(I scanned it but didn't crop it, I don't think I have a program on this computer to do that!)


7 comments:

Dayton Donahoe said...

Jantz sure is a funny kid. As I am typing this he is on my lap and he saw his name and he's trying to read this to figure out what I am saying about him. So, let me just say that he is GREAT!!

FarrEver Family said...

Good story.

I am so glad you are happy with the invitation.
You will have to check my blog at some point and see how my reed-polygamist pictures worked out. You might get a laugh. Thanks for doing Micah's braid.

Lara said...

What a cute announcement!

Those kids of yours are awesome! I know it is a little early to be saying this but I could really see Jantz and Ella hooking up. :)

Ange said...

The invites are AWESOME! I love that! And what a sweet conversation about the holy Ghost. You're kids are keepers :)

Shaun - Jillian said...

I love her invitation! It turned out so cute!! It was so good to see you finally! I hope everything is going well!

The Mom said...

Hello my dearest Tirsh! I'm so glad to have caught up on your blog and it has been a while since either one of us has blogged. Just want ya to know I miss ya!!!! I'll e-mail ya a see if you want to get together!

Burton Family said...

how do i add you to my blog?!