Sunday, August 23, 2009

The sounds of EuPHoRiA
Today is over, I am sad, it was a good day. Scratch that, it was a GREAT day...
some thoughts on why I am in a state of EuPhOrIa!
There was such excitement and HaPpInEsS in the air. The boys were excited that we finally got their bunk beds set-up. After I left their bedroom I could hear the muffled sounds of sweet voices talking about how much they love their new bed and just sheer excitement for the next day. Their little giggles and quiet shrieks and full body shakes just thinking about tomorrow is so cute! Kinda like going to bed when you are 8 on Christmas Eve. Around 9 the sounds died down.
Now, the kids are asleep, the house seems so quiet. Their most favorite outfits out of all their new school clothes are laid out for the big day, right down to their underwear and socks! I can hear an occasional cough from Boog, and a distant keyboard where Dayt is working on a loan for someone. I can hear the hamster cruising around in her ball getting her nighttime exercise. She is happy that the upstairs is 75% hard surfaces * she can get in more miles that way. :) Occasionally I hear her bang into the wall or a barstool or the fireplace. It kinda makes me laugh to myself. She looks so funny when she does it. Her little body just runs like crazy, her little backside rotates back and forth so quickly, everything about it is cute! It makes me smile!
I just got off the phone with one of my most favorite people in the world, HUNTER Nelson. He is the cute little autistic kid in my previous post (February Fun). I love his random phone calls. Something about talking with Hunter always makes me happy, content, and peaceful. Mostly because Hunter is always happy! Hunter finds the pure joy in everyday, thrilled about the most simplest things. I would love to be more like Hunter. Today, I felt like him. What a fabulous day. We started off the day with a "back to school brunch." We made hashbrowns, toast, sausage, eggs and orange juice. Just a little something to celebrate school! I CELEBRATE back to school! I always loved school myself, so I get excited for the kids to go. New teachers, new friends to make, new experiences and things to learn. What fun! We had a great morning talking about it. We had family night and gave father's blessings. Dayt did an excellent job, each blessing really fit each child and their personality and each individual need. I am grateful for him to have the priesthood here in our home and to be able to bless our kids. It is a GiFt! We had a nice relaxing day. Not having church today because of the Oquirrh Mountain temple was actually quite relaxing and a great way to transition into tomorrow. It gave me a chance to take a breather and get everything in order. The rain, I loved the rain today! It makes me happy! Saw two rainbows tonight. Like always, it made me think about Noah and the flood. :) It makes me feel like FALL is right around the corner. I burned some nutmeg oil today. My house smells fabulous! Our home teachers came today - we love it when they visit. We always spend way too much time gabbing with them, I am sure their families were wondering where they were, very very good people! They talked about how good it smelled in my house. I told them that it made me want some cookies. About an hour after they left, Bro Z's cutest little kids brought over a plate of HOT delicious choc chip cookies. I just ate another one! They were WoNdErFuLL - I have GoOd neighbors, they make me happy! I was productive today - but not too productive. Just a good mix to feel happy about. The kids were good, they didn't even have quiet time today and I survived! :) We had dinner at my mom's - delicious and comfortable. Ok, funny!!! Dayt just came running around the corner saying, "Hamster's out!") I had just thought to myself that I hadn't heard Fancy's ball and that maybe she had gotten stuck behind a toilet again. he he he! Evidentally, she had run into the table hard enough for the lid to her ball to fall off and out she went. We captured her and put her back in her cage. Good thing RuStY and RuFuS were outside. One of them had caught a mouse this evening, it was on our doorstep when we got home. Fun! But I'm still smiling!
I can't wait for tomorrow. This is going to be a great schoolyear!
What will I do with all MY quiet time??? Maybe the sounds of silence won't be as fantastic as I imagine..........hmmm....I'll get back to that!

Good Night and have a pleasant tomorrow!
P.S. I have no idea why most of this post is in ENORMOUS type!

3 comments:

Mechelle said...

What a great post! You got me all excited:)

Lara said...

I am all misty eyed thinking about how great your day sounded. I LOVE happy days. I love that you included so many little things that made you happy. Too often I am full of anxiety and don't stop to enjoy the moment. I need to work to appreciate time like this post shows you doing. Love it. Now I am happy too! Thanks so much!

Mara said...

I love how you describe the magic of ordinary days.