Wednesday, April 22, 2009


Self Proclaimed - "Tree Hugger * Planet Lover!"



I am feeling so guilty today. Normally I am on top of the whole Earth Day thing...I buy the kids new organic earth day shirts to wear to school and put up some great links on my blog. But this year I have been so busy with so many other things that I haven't had the chance and here Earth Day is basically over. Teach your family to recycle, conserve energy, plant trees - there are lots of things we can do. And I have to say - I am really excited that so many people in the neighborhood are starting to recycle. When we lived in AZ everyone recycled because all of the cities paid for it - but here you have to pay extra to recycle. Since we have been back in Utah we have been the only ones on our street/neighborhood that recycled....until just recently. So cool that people are taking steps to recycle - I LOVE it!! And if you haven't had a chance to watch "The Inconvenient Truth" you should - because it is a really great documentary about global warming. No matter what you believe though, we should all take care of this beautiful planet that has been created for us from Him. I know Earth Day is almost over - but really we should love our earth everyday, so whenever you get a chance, here is a link to check out, it deals specifically with Utah:

http://www.repoweramerica.org/state/utah/

There are lots of other sites with great info and places you can go to plant a tree etc.
If you have one that you think is great - leave a comment and post the link.
THANKS!

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Yea!! Another conservationist! I think that what a lot of LDS people seem to forget is that earth is "MOTHER" earth and she is living and has a spirit. Here we value and respect our Heavenly Fathers creations, we should do the same of this living spirit we live on!!!

Lara said...

Thanks for the link. I have had such a strong desire lately to teach my children how to better take care of our planet. I must confess I haven't been the greatest example to them and am not really sure where to begin. Maybe this link will help me. :)