Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Black Island Farms

On FHE we took Grandma and Grandpa Gibson to Black Island Farms with us. I am not sure how much fun they had - but we lived with them at the time so they had no choice but to come with us! :) I think Grandpa got pretty excited when he found out about the pig races....

This was the "grain slide" this pic doesn't do it justice. I was thinking twice about going down, especially when as we walked up to the line the kid stopped us and said he was closing the slide for a few minutes because someone had puked at the top - NICE! So why then did I go down this thing??? It ended up being fun. I guess I need to broaden my horizons.

Some of the little slides they have for the kids
This one was kinda gnarly too. Look how small the kids look!

Grandpa and I laughed as Grandma took the kids on a pretty lame "train" ride. After sweating in the sun for 15 minutes - boarding and unboarding and boarding again - (tractor difficulties) They circled a corn field taking approx 45 seconds!!
Again - I am too lazy to alter the pic (just a reminder I don't have my computer back yet - or any of my software for that matter) and Picasa just sounds like too much effort right now.
In every picture Abby would hide behind someone because she didn't want me to take a picture of her being the only one in soccer attire. She is so funny about things like that. She doesn't like attention - ANY - not even positive!
As we were leaving, the cast for the haunted corn maze showed up. Jantz was obviously a bit concerned when I asked them to pose with the kids for a picture. He should be - I went through that maze last year - GOOOOD Times wasn't it ladies?!! I only asked really because Josh is getting to the age where he thinks that he can handle something like a haunted corn maze, plus he had been singing the freddy kruger song all season. I kept telling him about all the chain saws they use in the maze because I was hoping he wouldn't really want to try it after that - and then I would be SAFE from doing that again!

0 comments: