Saturday, October 25, 2008

HSM3 - You know it!
Because we have such big High School Musical fans in the house - there was no way we could miss opening day! I have to admit, I don't mind the first two HSM's. 2 wasn't my favorite, but I still sing along. Either way, I was a little skeptical about 3. I mean, seriously how are they going to pull of ANOTHER one? They have done everything they could possibly do in the first two. AND how are they going to be able to make a low budget tv movie turn into anything good enough for the big screen? These were the questions I was asking myself yesterday. But, as mothers sometimes you just have to suck it up a bit (ie Beverly Hills Chihuahua). I was sure it wasn't going to be as bad as that was, and I figured it would have some fun music that I would end up singing to with the kids in the car for the next year until the next HSM comes out. HA Ha HA Ha. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a really fun movie. It was entertaining and they were actually able to pull off a third. I think it deserved the 3 star and "B" reviews that I read. The outfits were cute - some of the skirts a little short in my opinion. However, they kept the romance clean - "disney" style. As a mother of a 6yr old "hopeless romantic" I appreciated that. The kids are cute and the songs were fun. The dancing was entertaining and the storyline was a little thicker than other two have been. I actually won't mind seeing it the next 500 times we watch it when it comes out on DVD! :)
Here is what the rest of the clan had to say (in their own words)
Josh
All of us realy liked it, but it was awesome I realy liked it it was better thenthe others good music to.
Abby
it was realy great. i liked the songs. i cant wait until I see it again.
(Took her 10 minutes to type that!)
Jantz
I liked that song thats at the first (Now or Never). I think it was pretty good. My favorite guy in the movie is Troy. I want some shoes like Troy and Josh has.
Dayt - the one who always thinks he is Roger Ebert
I would give the movie 2.5 stars out of 4. With kids movies, you're never going to get realistic plot or dialogue, so I can't be picky about that. But, I always judge musicals by the quality of the music. In this movie, I thought the songs were just average. Some good, some bad but not as consistent as HSM1.
(I am sure over the next year these songs will grow on him a bit and he will probably think otherwise!)
There you have it - Donahoe's OUT!!

3 comments:

cheri said...

Hey Trish, I found your darling blog! your kids are sooooo soooo cute! I am so glad you have moved back. Hello.... why haven't we got together yet? You know Amber Morris Lives 2 doors down from me. We need to go to lunch soon.

xo
Cheri

The Freestones said...

Hey cute girl, Awe you have the cutest family....where are you living how are you? Oh anytime you have to catch up look me up sometime. Cute cute family!

The Freestones said...

Oh ha ha this is Colette Farr Freestone, guess that would be helpful information!!