Monday, September 29, 2008

Is that Grandma?
My aunt Darlene came in to visit from California last weekend. We don't get to see her very often and it was so much fun to have her here. We were able to fit in a lot of activities in a short amount of time. My kids could not believe how much she looks like their grandma. In fact, Jantzen said to my mom, "Grandma I saw your sister today and she really looks like you do." My mom asked him why he thought that and he replied: "Her face looks like you and her hair, and her armpits!" So funny! We can always count on Jantz for a good laugh. The first day Josh was to see her since she got in - we were having a big family get together, he said to Abby, where is Aunt Darlene and Abby said, she is the one who looks like grandma. Then later on in the weekend I was helping my Aunt by scanning a picture for her. I had it up on my computer and Josh walked in and said, "Hey, when did grandma go to the grand canyon?" Not more than 3 minutes later Abby walked in and asked me why grandma was there at that place. (I was scanning a picture of her with her friends at the grand canyon.) So Aunt Darlene, this post is for you! We loved having you here and we miss you already! Come again real soon because my kids enjoy having twin grandmas!

Here is Josh with my Aunt Darlene

My aunt picked a good weekend to come. The kids had their primary program on Sunday. Jantzen ended up being just a row directly in front of her. He was PURE entertainment for 30 minutes straight. Don't you just love those sunbeams? He was singing as many words of the songs as he could, played with the animal crackers the teachers kept giving them for bribery to sing the songs, and he helped out with a couple of dramatic hand movements during some cruicial parts of a couple of songs. He almost missed his part in the microphone because I had to literally RUN him down the hall to the bathroom and then sneak him back up on the stage 3 seconds before his turn. Love it!!

Here are the kids after their primary program, they weren't being very cooperative so I just snapped it when they were laughing at Dayt who was trying real hard to make them smile for me. He ended up making gaseous noises with his mouth - which always brings the house down. Apparently that never gets old!

1 comments:

Morris Five said...

oh my I freaking love jantz