Friday, September 05, 2008

Born to Ride!

Also on the first week of school, Jantzen learned to ride his bike without training wheels. Something I was pretty sure he could do but with packing and moving and everything else going on this summer, we were so busy we hadn't had a chance to try. Last Tuesday Jantz and I went down to the trail for a bike ride. While we were riding I was showing him how to balance and not let the training wheels touch. When we got back to grandma's and grandpa's I took his training wheels off. I helped him balance down the driveway and by the time we were on the sidewalk he wanted me to let go. I ran beside him and we circled back. I couldn't believe he caught on that fast. Grandpa was in the garage working and was surprised to see Jantz heading back up the driveway by himself! Amazing. I ran beside him one more time to help him start and stop and then he wanted to take a break. I went to pick up the kids later that afternoon and when I came back he was hauling up and down the sidewalk - doing tricks like wheelie's and steering with one arm looking like he had been riding for years! He is a natural - guess he takes after me! Ha ha. Here is a video and some pictures. When he rides by he says he is going to Wal-mart and on vacation! I love this kid!




Trouble x's three!
Here is a pic of Rayce, Jake and Jantz one day after preschool. They all learned to ride two-wheelers on the same day - crazy coincidence! They are so cute!


0 comments: