Monday, August 25, 2008

Big J is 9 years old!

Josh turned nine on the 15th of this month. Being at my mom's has made it a little bit harder to blog because I don't have the right set-up or connections for my camera. Here are a couple of pics that I was able to get. I will have to buy a cord for my camera so I can dump my pictures and blog some more later. Workin on that!
On my mom's side we do all the birthdays of the month on the second Sunday. So lucky for him, we celebrated a couple of days before his actual birthday. Grandma Gibson turned 91 this month! WoW! She still walks 3 miles a day - even on Sundays - and mows and takes care of her huge lawn, garden and tons of flowerbeds - ALL BY HERSELF! My grandma is a machine! I think a couple of years ago when she got sick with bronchitis that was the first time she had been on an antibiotic. I could only wished she had passed the good immune system down to me - alas, she didn't - as you all know!

Josh chose burritos "Amparo style" for dinner with Lemon Meringue pie.
The only thing grandma is addicted to - CHOCOLATE
Opening some gifts from grandma and grandpa and aunts and uncles

2 comments:

Candice said...

Nine! How did that happen!? Time flies. Happy Birthday Josh, from all the Nelson's!!!

LaDeaux family said...

Hi Trish!

I might get in trouble at work with how fun blogging is. Your kids are adorable and I am so excited too to get caught up again. I'm excited about your house. You'll have to let me know where it is.

Sonda