Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Check me out!
Ok, so how cute are these? I - me, actually whipped these up for dessert this week. My kids are always asking if we are having dessert after dinner and I am not so keen on that every night. So a couple of times a week I try to have something to satisfy that sweet tooth. (Or is that just me?) Anyway these little tarts actually look way harder than they are. I was listening to the weather the other day and they had a preview of a recipe that was coming up on Studio 5. I logged onto the website later that day and got the recipe and then made a low fat version. So they look cute, they taste yummy and you won't feel guilty about it! In my quest to throw up a recipe here and there, enjoy these. They'll be impressed when you set it in front of them!

Mini Fruit Tarts

Ingredients:
1large box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups heavy whipping cream
6 prepared tart shells; these can be found by the graham cracker crumbs in the baking aisle
Fresh fruit; strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, etc…
Apricot jam

Method:
1. In a large bowl, combine pudding and whipping cream. Mix together by hand using a wire whisk. Mix vigorously to ensure a smooth mix. When the pudding starts to set, it is finished.
2. Place finished "pastry cream" into a large zip lock bag. Squeeze out extra air and seal the top. Cut a hole about 1/2 inch wide in one corner of the bag.
3. Pipe pastry cream into each pastry shell, dividing the cream evenly between all 6 shells.
4. Decorate each tart with fruit, using a variety of color and texture.
5. Heat about 1/4 cup apricot jam in the microwave for about 30 seconds. The jam should be runny but not boiling. Brush the tops of the fruit with the melted jam to create a pretty shine on the tarts.
6. Serve immediately

1 comments:

Tebbs Times said...

Yummy!!:)