Sunday, May 25, 2008

Some Fun with Josh

On Wednesday Josh had his "Mom and Me Literacy Tea" at school. The mothers were invited to the classroom where the kids sang us a song about how much they like to read with us. Then all of us together read a couple of poems. We learned that specifically literacy means the ability to read and write, or the ability to use language to read, write, listen and speak. We read some fables that each of the kids wrote and them we answered some questions about reading together and made a little scrapbook. The kids also taught us about "Koni or storyteller" dolls. The dolls are usually women and they are surrounded by children. They represent ancient pueblo traditions of reading to children. Each of the kids made one out of clay for their mothers. Then we had some cookies together. It was so much fun. Heritage is such a great school they do such fun and original things with the kids. These are some pictures I took with my cell phone so the quality isn't great but you can get the idea.


Josh and his fable and the scrapbook we made and my Koni doll with 3 babies.

The next JO BRO??

After the tea I took Josh to Ogden to DK Studios. He had been asked to record some background vocals with a group of kids for a lady in our neighborhood who is putting out a cd this summer. He was SOO SOO excited! He keeps telling us that one day he would love to be a singer in a band so this was a really fun opportunity for him to see inside a real recording studio and see how things are done. People tell me he has a good voice but I wouldn't know because I am so NOT musical! There wasn't much he had to sing but he didn't care! He had so much fun. At one point he asked me if he was going to get paid for it! I think he is getting a little ahead of himself. I told him that he should just be thrilled with the opportunity alone. It was really dark in there so I wasn't able to get quality photos, BUT at least now he has something tangible to remember the moment with.


0 comments: