Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wildlife Anyone??


Saturday afternoon we took a drive up Weber Canyon. Grandma and Grandpa Gibson told us there were so many deer you couldn't count them all. So, much to my dismay (because I thought it would be boring) we took a trip up the canyon. The kids were actually excited, and so was Dayt. Me, I was just along for the ride. So for the first 10 minutes we didn't see one deer. I was certain I would be right - boring trip. Then, all of a sudden we see 4 or 5 deer off the side of the road, literally just off the side of the road grazing on bushes. Ok, cool, the kids saw some deer, but nothing groundbreaking. Few hundred more yards and a couple more deer show up. A couple hundred yards after that...2 moose! Yep, moose might be easy to spot in Yosemite National Park, or even more likely in Yellowstone or somewhere like that...but off the side of a MAIN road in Morgan Utah...well that was just a little bit more exciting. There were 2 huge moose just feasting on a tree or two, I feel bad now that I didn't stop to take a picture. I learned my lesson and at the next convenient stop I took a picture of some wildlife. We stumbled onto a herd of about 80 deer. No kidding - they were counted! After that there were many deer to follow, probably around 140 or so - we lost count. And one more ginormous moose. Pretty good day for wildlife sightings, and I have to admit, it was a little more exciting than I originally thought.

0 comments: