Friday, September 25, 2009

Some Love for this week...
Some things I am way excited about this week....HALLOWEEN being the first! I can't wait - I love halloween! (more on that later) Haunted corn mazes - YES I GO! I can almost smell the gas from the chainsaws as we speak! Although I haven't been to the Castle of Chaos, they have a pretty wicked video intro on their website this year. May feel to much like I was in the middle of a horror movie, not so sure I am going to venture to that one this year.
You can check it out here!
The rest - in no particular order:


Finding costumes for the kids. I love when they start talking about what they want to dress up like. They always think of the most interesting things and they always go back and forth a couple of times. Remember when it used to be this simple just a plastic mask and a vinyl outfit....I swear I actually WORE this costume one year!

It is upon us, I can feel it...FALL - my most FaVoRiTe time of year!! The world is at it's most beautiful and the air is crisp and clean!


Talking with Anita Stansfield yesterday...really cool!

Abby making LeMoNaDe out of LeMoNs - I wish we could put the yard in this year, but it looks like that may not happen now. Love this economy! :) We are all jealous of the Farr's next door who are putting in theirs tomorrow! Abby decided to make designs in the dirt with the rake. How funny is that?! Here is a flower I took a picture of before it got too dark.

Josh had his 2nd game of the regular season last night. This is his first year playing comp soccer for Wasatch. I think it has been a little intimidating thus far and I can tell he doesn't have the confidence he had playing rec soccer. He used to score several goals in each game last year and this year it is a whole different ballgame! We have seen him be really tentative and afraid to take the ball down - just kinda unsure of himself. We have been talking with him about it and each preseason game he has made some improvement. He scored his first goal of the season last night - YEA! He was a bit more aggressive and more confident. I think he is coming around. I am excited to see him play with his full potential.
Check out his eyes/eyelashes - so handsome!


I LOVE soccer season. This year is fun because I don't have to wait all week to watch them play again. Josh plays on Mondays and Thursdays and the little kids play on Saturdays so I get to enjoy soccer games all week long - and I DO REALLY ENJOY IT!


We have been able to spend a little time extra time with Phoebe this week. BOY do my kids LOVE her! She is treated like a princess when she is here! Everyone wants to help. They fight over who gets to sit by her car seat in the car, and who gets to feed her and everything else. Abby wouldn't even let me help her change her diaper. She said she needed practice for when she becomes a mom. How sweet is that! We love you Pheeeeb!!!



The challenge our sweet dear RS Pres TIFF gave us - to read the Book of Mormon by Thanksgiving. Scripture reading has become more of a priority lately because I don't want to be left behind. I can't ever say no to a good challenge! (personality thing) But what a good thing - the TV is off more and the scriptures are open more! I know my days have been better because of it, and I know I am receiving blessings.

Being able to look forward to something. With everything that has happened over the last couple of years we haven't had as many opportunities to go away like we have in the past. Next week we get to sneak away for a couple of days during fall recess and stay with Dayt's brother in Denver. We are ALL very excited to see the twins and have some fun. Of course, no trip to Denver would be complete without a Rockies game! I haven't seen one in years and we are lucky enough to be able to catch their last season game next Thursday - YES!!!


Have I forgotten anything....mmmm probably. But oh well.
There is always room for happy posts!

4 comments:

FarrEver Family said...

Fun post! Sorry you are Jealous about the sod, but I am basking in happiness...and it couldn't have happened without you!!! YOu guys were great!
WE LOVE having you as neighbors!!!

The Mom said...

Go Rockies all the way!!! We have been to a few games there in Denver too. Awesome stadium. Wait till you see the mile high stadium as you drive past it! We love Denver. You need to go to Casa Benita's. It's like the Myan. Good to be back and communicate w/ya!

Ange said...

I LOVE grateful posts! It makes me realize (again) that I need to be more grateful. Grateful people are happy people.
You're awesome!

dayton said...

That does sound like a great week. But, the next week in Denver was even better. We got to see the Rockies clinch and played peek-a-boo with a gorilla.