Friday, August 29, 2008

Who are you voting for?


Normally, I don't get too interested in politics. But in a presidential year I feel like it is my duty to be informed about both candidates running. I don't pay much attention to the caucuses, (too boring) just when it gets narrowed down to the final two. I don't affiliate myself with a "party" choice, just the right guy for the job. If there was a candidate out there that was lobbying to stop putting so much money into the space program - I would vote for THAT GUY!
I have received several emails about the presidential election this year. Some of the emails (after doing some research) aren't even true. You can't believe everything you read about either of them. I haven't decided yet who I am voting for so I figured, although I don't want to - I will watch both of their speeches and get all the facts. I watched Barack's speech last night and I have to admit, it was REALLY good. He has a common sense approach to politics that is refreshing. A couple of the things he said made a lot of sense and he made some really good points. He was smooth in front of the camera - I was impressed by that. If you want to watch or read his speech (and you should so you can make an educated decision) click on the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page for his entire speech. The mini biography about him and his family was really interesting too.

Link to video and text copy of his speech last night
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/28/barack-obama-democratic-c_n_122224.html

Biography video
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/28/obama-biography-video-at_n_122271.html

Jon MCcain's speech is on Thursday September 4th

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to jump on the Obama Bandwagon. I really hope he is elected. There's no doubt that both candidates will do their very best for America. But, I think Obama has the judgment and the charisma to be a wonderful President and I think that McCain's aggressive foreign policy posturing is the last thing we need right now.

Anonymous said...

Your right..Vote for Obama, If you want a radical who will raise taxes. Good choice.

Heidi said...

Your a brave soul! I don't like speaking politics, I think it can cause problems. So I'll stop at that... :)

Anonymous said...

Higher taxes was a worry of mine. But, in his speech this week, he said that he was going to preserve the Bush tax-cuts for the poor and middle class, and only increase taxes on the highest 5% of income earners.

Anonymous said...

They all are going to LIE to get your vote!

LaDeaux family said...

Wow, Trish, I think you might have stirred some strong feelings. I, personally, will vote for the one who is against abortion and will not meddle with my life. Government can't fix any problems, although both candidates seem to think it can. We'll see...

Candice said...

I guess that it is best we leave politics out of our friendship...I see that it could cause trouble. :) What day are you coming over for lunch this week?

Anonymous said...

BECKY SAID.....

I watched Sara Palin’s speech last night and was very impressed, she blew me away. I LOVE the fact that she is a huge advocate for special needs children. That shot of her young daughter holding her down syndrome brother licking her hand and slicking his hair down as he slept was so adorable and filled my heart. She is a Hockey and PTA Mom and I love that. I really like her “back” story about her family. I know that a lot of people have been talking about her daughter being pregnant. Believe me you can’t control what your kids do, I don’t exactly agree with it either but just like the whole religion and Mitt Romney thing it should have no bearing on this campaign. Also I heard that Obama’s mother had HIM at that age, not sure if that is true but regardless I don’t think that will affect her abilities and should have no merit on how she will do as Vice President. I really liked her last night, I thought she brought up a lot of good points and handled the whole thing very well.

Anonymous said...

Kim said,

Yes I agree I really liked Palin last night. I thought well at least her daughter didn't have an abortion and decided to keep this baby. I think it will be good to have a Woman in the White House (as long as it isn't Hilary)
Cute Blog
Kim

Anonymous said...

Do McCain for your vote. as long as Palin Is vice president, do it.

Anonymous said...

Obama is a terrorist. Your insane.

Anonymous said...

What has Obama ever done for us? He is a Jack Ass!