Saturday, August 16, 2008

When Mom's Away, the Kids Go Camping!
I spent a weekend with one of my best friends Beck for a little time off 2 weeks ago (so much fun!) The kids and Dayt went camping with grandpa Dave. Since we have moved back to Utah we have made this a summer tradition. The kids have a ball and I am pretty sure grandpa does too! It is really beautiful up there and the kids have so much fun exploring. When the car stops the kids hop out and literally run for the hills for hours. Last year when I did the laundry I found Josh's jacket pockets full of bones from a deer carcass! Yikes! I tried to be tough, but it freaked me out - I think I threw away his jacket! I LOVE the mountains, they have always been a place of serenity for me, a place to go to escape the stress of life and to enjoy some of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen. I really missed the mountains when we lived in Arizona. I am so sad that I missed the trip this year...well until I saw the pictures of the cave!

Grandpa Dave (Dayt's dad) Jantzen, Abby, Josh
Exploring the old cabins
The entrance to an old abandoned silver mine
Abby and Josh, catching some ZZZZ's
Thanks Dave for keeping the troops entertained!

0 comments: