Thursday, May 22, 2008

SUPER SATURDAY and GOODBYE SOCCER
Last Saturday was busy as always - but lots of fun and brought some bitter sweet feelings for me. First we headed out to the Scout-A-Rama in Ogden. Both Dayt and I are involved in scouting so we had to attend. Josh was able to do a couple of fun things like archery and shooting before we had to head off to tumbling. After tumbling we had to fly over to the garage sale to help Dayt's grandparents. They do a big one with several families every spring. This year in an effort to teach the kids a little sacrifice and work ethic, (and to organize the playroom) we had them each go through their stuff and take what they wanted to the yard sale and let them keep all the money they made to go towards a trampoline. We left ours back in AZ and haven't replaced it since we left.

I brought my "NEW MOTHER'S DAY" camera along to play around with and learn how to use it. This picture of Abby doing a backhandspring turned out funny. Off to soccer...last games!

This is a "journaling" website for me so forgive me for all the soccer - you are all probably just as ready as I was to have the soccer season over. But actually, it is a little bittersweet for me. It causes a whole lot of chaos and craziness with scheduling on Saturdays BUT I love to go watch my kids play, and I will miss it on some level. I love that they are getting exercise and I am so proud of them because they work so hard and try their best each week. Grandma Gibson lost a lot of money this year because they both scored so many goals.

It was so fun to watch Abby turn into this different person on the field. She is soooo shy at school (to the point that it was a problem and we had to focus her goals at school on participating and speaking in class) but when she gets on the field she just turns into this fireball! She scored at least 2 goals every week and her biggest week she scored 6!

Josh did a great job too! He is really loving his position as a forward. He hustles like crazy and runs a 5K every game! He has really started to get a handle on passing and learning his position on the field. Josh is the one with the ball - sorry about the dude with the legs sitting next to me!
This is Jantz, just happy to be with us. He has been so tolerant of Saturdays! It must be boring to never get to play and have to sit and watch game after game!
Then we hooked up with our good friends the Crookstons for a late dinner! This is my best friend from high school Amy's (Griffin) kids. Our kids LOVE to hang out and they pair up nicely with age. As inseparable as Amy and I were in high school - we wouldn't have it any other way! We hopped on FrontRunner and cruised to Gateway for dinner.

This is Alex, Jantz, Abby, Anna, Skyler and Josh.

Off to Applebees. Here is the "kids" table - what a CrAzY group!

Jantz did get a little "payoff" at the end of the day for sitting through the other kids' activities. He loves trains - always has. He has been dying to ride FrontRunner! We have a station near us and his eyes are always peeled for the train. He LOVES it! He finally got his wish to ride! He is our nervous kid so as always there are A LOT of questions! He is so curious about how everything works. He was a bit "concerned" at first, but had a blast!

Ok, WOW what a post!

1 comments:

Tebbs Times said...

You are a busy mommy as well!! We could not make it up that evening, we were really bummed, because it would be SO good to see some old faces from my home town. I hope that someone plans another get together that we can actually make it to!! Your family is adorable!! I need to get my butt in gear and blog again..been sick and super duper busy!! Take care and plan another get together!! Talk to you soon!!
Deb