Sunday, May 04, 2008

Heritage Skate Night at Classic
Remember the good old days at Classic Skating? Who didn't? Let me take you back once again. Can't you just see it...brown skates - orange derby wheels, neon carpet, sock smell, blue cinder block walls, sub par videos, "rockin" music, nachos, girl only skate, hokey pokey, holding out your hand for "five" from the boys...with me now?! The kids had their annual Heritage Elementary Skate night last week. Things are a little different these days. My kids don't really skate, and I don't know why. I WAS part of a group called the "Super Skaters" and I truly have the moves to pass on to the kids. However, they never want to skate. They just want to ride their scooters. Oh well, exercise is exercise. I was so busy chatting with the other moms and didn't take many pictures, other than a couple of Jantz literally just cruising around the blue oval floor on his scooter. He looked so cute I couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures. He was the smallest kid for sure, especially on a two-wheeler, but he kept with the pack. He kinda looked like a little midget everytime he flew past me.



0 comments: