Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm Baaaaaccckk!!
Yea! My computer is back so here is the beginning of a posting marathon...

Starting with Dayt's birthday. He turned 34 last week, (still older than me) and we were able to celebrate in normal Donahoe tradition - which means many celebrations! We opened presents the night of his birthday with the kids and had Tator Tot casserole - his fav! He also got a "dog" cake because that is as close to a dog as I was willing to get at this point. The kids were way excited to open presents and gave him a good start on his summer wardrobe...AND a flour sifter. Yes, he asked for it. He likes to make german pancakes (a la Jim Stone) and he is the best crepe maker in the family. He hates the clumps in his masterpieces and really wanted a sifter. I am so happy to spend so little to make him so happy!
Throughout the week we went to dinner with Dayt's mom and the rest of the clan, I forgot my camera. We had my side of the family over for dinner and then we went to Winger's one night with Dave. It was a really fun week, and it was great to be able to see both of our families.
Here are some pictures. I would post more but you can tell that pictures make Dayt a little uncomfortable...not his thing.


You can't see this very well but I thought this was a cute picture of Jantz and Abby with Grandpa Dave at Wingers after Abby's soccer game. Then after that we went home and the kids took a quick shower and had some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert before bed. The kids love it when I make chocolate strawberries and they were so cute "indulging" in them that I had to take a picture. But Abby wasn't happy to be photographed with her hair wet!

I am not the mUsHy type AT ALL...but, having a husband like Dayt is "totally boss", he is the "cheese in my macaroni" (movie quote) and I have to tell him how much I love him and how perfect we are for each other! We have managed to keep it together through thick and thin - that translates to (me - thick, him-thin) just kidding, for almost 13 years now - oh yeah! He is a wonderful father whose children adore him. He is perfect the way he is and we wouldn't change 98% of him. We love him! Thanks for all you do for us! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the unbelievably dorky birthday pictures. You could have at least cropped off the turned-up cuffs and black socks.

Hot Shauna said...

Nice
I'm glad he had a good one, and soo glad that your computer is back! cute new background